Download as PDF
I’m an end-to-end product designer specializing in making complex B2B software feel simple and easy to use. My passions include user research, collaborating with strong product teams, and using data to inform decision making.
NationBuilder, RemoteJanuary 2021 – Present
Senior Product Designer
Owns product design across multiple workgroups and product verticals, collaborating with stakeholders to create high-visibility customer experiences under tight timelines. Increased efficient communication of product requirements by writing and maintaining highly visual and detailed front-end design specs in Dropbox Paper as well as Jira tickets.
- Modernized and increased usability of existing Figma design system by introducing variants.
- Took on design for new product acquisition, quickly launching new customer-focused features and CSS animation by working closely with engineering team.
Respondent.io, RemoteJune 2020 – January 2021
Senior UX Designer and Researcher
Led projects from strategy and concept to completion across two-sided marketplace, including qualitative and quantitative user research. Facilitated usability testing, cross-functional design studios, surveys, and other user research.
- Created personas, empathy maps, and user journeys using Figma and Miro.
- Conducted cross-functional ideation workshops to inform roadmap priorities and product development.
Greenbits, Portland, ORMarch 2018 – March 2020
Senior User Experience Designer
Responsible for enterprise platform customer experience. Used Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Miro, and InVision to collaborate with other designers, engineers, and product managers to create business-critical solutions for our customers.
- Initiated and led design ideation and implementation for project aimed at decreasing manual support requests taking up developer time by redesigning our app to help prevent user errors, resulting in a 24% decrease in repetitive tasks.
- Owned customer outreach process to familiarize new hires with user needs as well as research on high-value enterprises.
Teamup, RemoteDecember 2016 – January 2018
Lead Product Designer
Worked closely with the product and development team to create a culture of user-centered design. Utilized customer support and direct customer feedback to conduct user interviews and usability testing, driving product development.
- Redesigned large-scale CRM platform, creating style guides in InVision and Zeplin.
- Conducted customer interviews and industry research to create user personas to align feature development with customer goals.
CrowdCompass (now Cvent), Portland, ORMarch 2014 – December 2016
Senior User Experience Designer
Responsible for user experience of mobile and web apps with hundreds of thousands of users. Collaborated with product managers, design team, and developers to create product requirements, user stories, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Introduced usability testing program with minimal budget.
- Mentored design interns as well as junior designers, and led cross-product initiatives, including localization.
Tater Tot Designs (now DADO Labs), Portland, ORFebruary 2013 – February 2014
User Experience Designer
Directed design of client and internal projects, taking on account management role with clients and working closely with visual designer, software developers, and mechanical engineers.
- Expanded and grew design skills in IoT and physical product design.
- Set up end of sprint demos to encourage transparency and worked with local non-profits to boost company profile.
Freelance Designer, Kryptiq and Insignia HealthMarch 2012 – February 2013
As a freelancer, worked closely with management to understand their businesses and help define criteria for success of our projects.
- At Kryptiq, conducted visual redesign of client-facing demo sites and logos using Adobe Fireworks.
- At Insignia Health, worked with information architects, business analysts, developers, and other designers to create the user interface for a responsive web application using OmniGraffle, Adobe Photoshop, Bootstrap, .NET, and jQuery.
Founder and Designer, Benchmark Grading, VetLinQ, and StayhoundJanuary 2010 – January 2012
As one of three founders, performed customer development interviews, industry research, and was solely responsible for product design.
- Created all branding and identity for software startups using Adobe Illustrator.
- Designed and implemented all front-end user interfaces for GWT-based application using CSS positioning and XML.
- Took ownership of marketing, product development, sales, SEO, and copy writing.
SnapNames, Portland, ORJanuary 2008 – June 2010
Led and implemented all website changes, including responsive design, site look-and-feel updates and application design.
- Organized, planned, and conducted usability testing within Agile methodology timelines.
- Proactively redesigned downloads page for high-revenue customers, increasing click-through by 135%.
WebMD, Portland, ORAugust 2004 – January 2008
Designed and built custom websites to Fortune 500 client specifications using internal technical tools. Duties included user interface and visual design of core products, and validating design decisions with usability testing.
- Created marketing toolbox of print collateral to increase usage of products and streamline sales and marketing process.
Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR – Classes in B.F.A. and continuing education programs
Reed College, Portland, OR – Awarded B.A. in Art